TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - 2015, just need to jump-off and do it!!
People Seeking Info

Subject 2015, just need to jump-off and do it!!

Posted by Turnerscasa (Dallas) on January 18, 2015 at 6:23 AM
  This message has been viewed 863 times.

Message Got my 21 year old car out yesterday. It's been sitting in the garage under a cover for a few years. I used to work on it a lot, and have done all the work to it myself. I've owned three other Z's beside this one.

Before I parked it, she began smoking (White smoke) when I roll off the gas. It's funny, the car runs and drives fine, it just smokes making it embarrassing to drive. I assume my turbo seals have given-up. Right before the car started to smoke, the clutch started slipping when getting on the highway so that will need to be replaced as well.

Over twenty or more years of owning Z32's, I haven't had to pull the motor or transmission. That said, I have to say it's just a little intimidating. Motor has to come out to replace the turbos, while I'm there I also need to replace the clutch.

So I pulled the car out of the garage yesterday. I still love this car, and enjoy just looking at it. But I really love driving it, so I guess I'm going to be giving all this work a try this year, wish me luck!

Current "Z"
1994 300ZX TT 5,Speed (Pearl)
2009 FX35 (Blacked Out)

Past "Z cars"
2007 G35S Sedan (Garnet)
2003 G35 Sedan (White)
1991 300ZX TT 5, Speed (Red)
1990 300ZX 5, Speed NA (Red)

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.